Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You Know You Look Like Snuffaluffagus, Right?






I don't always rant and rave about fashion trends. Generally, I don't care...but lately, there's been an epidemic of women falling victim to a Sesame Street Inspired Look: LONG FALSE LASHES!



I LOVE hair, make up and accessories, so I'm not one of these "Soap and Water Only" girls who criticize any other woman who dares wear color on their faces or who chooses to sew in extensions. Girl, do yo' thang!

This blog entry is dedicated to the women who have failed to realize that they are NOT on a video shoot or in a movie or even going out for a NIGHT on the town. These ladies have opted to INSTEAD traipse about during the day, headed out to work for their shift at the local Wally-World, loaded down with OCULAR STREET SWEEPERS.


Mama, WHO are you foolin'? That's not a daytime look. When you enhance with make up and "accessories", it's supposed to look natural. The only time you REALLY need to vamp it up, is at night, when normal lighting will dull your look-so you put on MORE to compensate for the poor lighting.







I have seen women wearing lashes so long that they were unable to see-- so HILARIOUSLY, they were constantly BLINKING and brushing their lashes out of their view! O.M.G. Are you trying to make me stroke out over here??!! GET. IT. TOGETHER.  No, for reals...get them together, they're coming apart...


Let's be real. We, as women, want to look good. Sometimes, we need a little help. I'm all for that. 
I love the way thick lashes look. If you gotta have them, get natural, short ones that fill in what you're lacking and accentuate your eyes. No one is supposed to be able to tell that they're not your lashes, mama.

Yes, I know..I will be LABELED A HATER. *shrugs* That's just what some people say when they're told they're doing something wrong. In this case...I know in my heart of hearts that I'm not hatin'...FAR from it.

In the end, people will do what they do. But um, if you run up on me with 'em...and I start singing ♫♪Sunny day, Sweepin' the Clouds Awaaaay...♫♪ Don't get mad, Snuffy...




No comments: